Olympus 35RC

I've rarely ever shot film, but when I did, I used the Olympus 35 RC rangefinder. {see what I did there? :P} It was pretty fun, just a tad challenging though. It's near impossible to focus with that thing! Using the double images in bright daylight? Not too bad. But try shooting indoors? Forget it. The battery in the Olympus 35RC I was using was dead, so we had to meter with the DSLR we carried around. Then after a while we made it a game to meter ourselves, guessing the aperture and appropriate shutter speed with the given ISO400. Here are some of the results! The black and white film we used was  Kodak Professional BW400CN and the color film we used was an old, really shoddy Kodacolor 400.


3 comments:

  1. Looks like the game of "guess the exposure" worked out well for you two lol. Rangefinders are seriously difficult to use at first... I tried the Leica M9 and even as advanced as that thing is, I took an eternity trying to see if the two images aligned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I'd love to have a little film rangefinder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the black and white snaps! great experimenting!

    ReplyDelete