Documentary Lifestyle Sessions | Steven & Hibi

One new thing I'd love to focus on this year is doing more documentary lifestyle sessions. Being candid, unobtrusive, and honest with my photography has always been a top priority whenever I work with my camera, unless my client and I are specifically aiming for a particular purpose, in which case I take more control. What makes me happiest, though, is when I get to capture the way I see something with my camera in a documentary fashion - merely observing, anticipating, and telling a story through unstaged photographs. I think more people should embrace this style of reportage photography, because they rarely get to see this side themselves - a more natural, real them, and their story gets told more easily.

I aim to start photographing family and other sessions in this way, not only because it's less stressful for the ones being photographed, but also mostly because all they have to worry about is being themselves, and I will take care of the rest.

documentary lifestyle photography
documentary lifestyle photography
documentary lifestyle photography
documentary lifestyle photography
documentary lifestyle photography
documentary lifestyle photography

No comments:

Post a Comment