|Artsy, maybe, but not ideal for most photographs.|
However, I took it with me to Rhode Island for my week-long trip last week. After shooting with the combo for a whole week nonstop, I can confidently say that I will most likely be buying the real thing from Fujifilm!
This little DIY 50mm equivalent is most appropriate for:
- Artistic portraits of one person
- Close ups of an object
- The occasional snapshot of something you don't really care about edge to edge sharpness on.
Unfortunately, that's where the list ends. I've found that this DIY 50mm is not suitable for most things, woops!
- Group photos
- Photos of buildings / architecture
- Photos with a clear horizon line
- Event photography (because you need edge to edge sharpness for standard event photography)
Here are a few examples where I thought the weaknesses of this DIY 50mm were extremely apparent.
|Terrible for group photos. Good thing I caught the issue and took another one without the attachment.|
|(with the lens attachment)|
|(without the lens attachment)|