Downtown Gilroy and the Collective Past | On Film

Whenever I can, I love going out armed with a film camera for personal shooting. I visited downtown Gilroy with Tyler and we checked out a really awesome antique shop called the "Collective Past." I was in vintage heaven with all the neat little things they had around! I definitely will be visiting that place more often. Downtown Gilroy also had some neat textures and signage that looked great on film. Immediately afterwards I went to the local Walgreens to get the negatives developed. All images shot on a Nikon N80 with Kodak Gold 200 film. Post production includes some straightening and slight curve adjustment to inject some more contrast into the images.
 As the sun went down the images became dramatically cooler. I'm not sure if it's because the film is old, but this film consistently gave a blueish/greenish cast to the images. I love how it handles indoors in fluorescent lighting, interestingly enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment